Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Day 207, Tuesday, February 27, 2018 -Carlsbad RV Park, Carlsbad, NM

Site C1
Tuesday, February 27, 2018 -Carlsbad RV Park, Carlsbad, NM, 215.3 Miles, 5,130.3 Towing Miles For the Trip

I added a picture of Sarah & me that she took when we met to yesterday's post.

I made a quick trip to the bathrooms at Leasburg Dam this morning and discovered the showers. I was pretty sure I had a shower there the last time I visited, but that was 2 years ago, so I thought I was wrong. Nope, they are behind a door that says "Not an Exit". The word "Showers" was so faded and missing letters that I didn't notice it. Oh well, the showers here at Carlsbad RV Park are much warmer, although they lose points for not having a bench of shelf for your stuff in the drying area. The campground is a former KOA with the usual layout, but no Country music in the bathrooms.

Most of the drive was on US 180 through New Mexico & Texas. I passed Carlsbad Caverns National Park; I been twice & skipped it this time. I did make a short, road side stop to photograph the Guadalupe Mountain, but without going into the park, a lousy photograph. As you can see by both photographs, a dreary, cloudy day. While listening to KJZZ in Phoenix, I found it is raining there, so it could be worse.

I'm in site C1, a full hookup site for $43.06 with a Good Sam discount. It is too short to leave the trailer hooked up. There is cable, and WiFi. Both Verizon & AT&T have a signal at the campground, but both are pretty slow, particularly Verizon. Neither will stream audio reliably, and took minutes to upload today's images. I didn't try the campground WiFi.

They had a bunch of empty, inexpensive machines at the campground laundromat, so even though I didn't have a full bag, I did two loads.

Dinner was a couple of Chicken Empanadas, and the rest of the asparagus.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment