Monday, September 4, 2017

Day 31, Monday, September 4, 2017 - Clyde Holliday SP, John Day, OR

Cathedral Rock Along OR 19
Monday, September 4, 2017 - Clyde Holliday SP, John Day, OR, 93.5 Miles, 541.7 Towing Miles For the Trip

Moving day, and I just noticed that I've been on the road for a month! I packed up the trailer, hooked up, and headed down OR 19 & OR 26 to John Day. I'm at the Clyde Holliday State Park. It is first come, so I was a bit concerned that there would be a full park from the long weekend, but while they were full over Labor Day, close to half the park moved out today. As of 6:30 tonight, the hosts said there were still 9 empty sites. I'm in site 7, a large & shaded water & electric site for $24.00 per night. There is some road noise from OR 26 which is on the other side of the campground, but I suspect it will slow down by bedtime. The John Day river runs behind my site. I'll be here until Thursday morning.

I stopped for a photo of what I think is Cathedral Rock along OR 19.  The campground photo is at today's LakeshoreImages page.

After setting up, I headed to the Thriftway, a large grocery store. Of course I went overboard, but I did have a list of stuff I needed. And, of course, I bought lots of stuff not on the list! Gas next door was $2.929 per gallon, the least expensive I've seen in quite awhile.

There is a fair amount of smoke in the air, at least more than at Fossil. I just heard on the news that they closed I 84 near the Cascade Locks due to smoke, and some schools are staying closed or closing early due to the heat. It was only in the 80's here, but parts of Oregon are close to 100°F.

Back at the campground I sat out & read a bit, then started tacos for dinner. Not the most practical meal for one since the packets of taco seasoning are designed for a pound of meat (I know, I could do the seasoning from scratch, but I'm lazy). I managed to eat 4 of hard corn tacos, and will use the leftovers for dinner tomorrow.

Until next time -

No comments:

Post a Comment