Thursday, March 23, 2017

Day 143, Wednesday, March 22, 2017, Sagebrush Campground, Palo Duro Canyon State Park, TX, Day 3

Wild Tom Turkey
Wednesday, March 22, 2017, Sagebrush Campground, Palo Duro Canyon State Park, TX, Day 3, 0 Miles, 6,235.4 Miles For the Trip

A very slow day. No sun, so it is quite cool, mostly in the 50's. I did run the electric heater last night since it was down to 47°F by morning. I walked to the park store for a breakfast sandwich & coffee this morning. After that it was back to the trailer and doing some reading inside. I did get out to take some photos of a wandering flock of wild turkeys. There are a lot of them in the valley behind the campground, with groups coming out to graze on the lawn at the campsites. A couple more photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

The sun came out around 5:00, so I sat outside for a bit before dinner, which was Chicken Cordon Bleu & the last of the asparagus. I did try the other shower to see if it was any better, but it was even colder. I have to say these have been the worst showers of the trip.

Until a good internet connection -

No comments:

Post a Comment