Sunday, March 5, 2017

Day 126, Sunday, March 5, 2017, Snowbird RV Resort, Fort Mohave, AZ

Last Night's Sunset
Sunday, March 5, 2017, Snowbird RV Resort, Fort Mohave, AZ, 157.4 Miles, 5,056.7 Miles For the Trip

I thought about staying an extra day at Valley of Fire since the predictions were for a 40MPH headwind with 60MPH gusts for the trip south. I waited until after breakfast, and the wind didn't seem too bad, so I headed out. I tried to convince Matilda I didn't want to drive I 15 through Las Vegas, although on a Sunday morning, it probably wouldn't be too bad. I did avoid it, doing much of the drive on Las Vegas Blvd & US 95. While I didn't get blown off the road, there was enough of a headwind that the first 100 miles averaged 8.4MPG. By the time I stopped for the night, I'd lost 2000', the headwind, and was up to a 11MPG average. It was nice to go from the $2.50 per gallon in Nevada to $2.08 per gallon in Arizona.

The plan was to stop at the Big Bend of the Colorado State Park on the Nevada side of the river, but the campground was full. They did have an overflow area, but it was a parking lot with no facilities, so I left. The next stop was Fiesta RV Resort in Bullhead City, AZ, but they were also full. I was beginning to think I'd be in a Walmart parking lot for the first time ever, but called the Snowbird RV Resort in Fort Mohave (Why they don't spell it Mojave I don't know), and they had a space for the night. $27.00 for full hookups, including cable TV. Not my idea of a campground, but it will do for the night. I did manage to trade 5 books at their library. They even have a heated pool, but it is small enough that I can't do laps in it. I might try the hot tub later. The site photo is at today's LakeshoreImages page.

No thoughts on dinner. I lost an hour due to the time zone change crossing the Colorado River, and am not hungry yet - I may walk to the nearby No 2 Taco Shop. Since the site is level, I didn't unhook so I'd rather not take the truck, and it is still far too windy to cook outside.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment