Monday, October 26, 2015

Lake Arrowhead State Park, TX

A Prairie Dog
Monday, October 26, 2015, Lake Arrowhead State Park, TX , 119.8 Miles, 2,136.9 Miles for the Trip

A short drive today, but I had read good reviews about Lake Arrowhead State Park, so I decided to stop. I first drove to Wichata Falls to get a haircut, but evidently, Mondays are the weekday the barber shops are closed. I'll try again on the way out of the park tomorrow.

I'm in site 41, a water & electric site for $23.00. It is $10.00 less expensive than last night; not sure why. It is a bit older, but still a nice park. One reason may be the oil well in the next loop (sites 19 - 24) pays part of the bills. I included a link to a YouTube video I made of the pump running. It is powered by a 1 cylinder gas or natural gas engine that reminds me of an old John Deere tractor. About the only complaint I read about the park must have been from someone staying in that loop that didn't like the sound of the engine. Have to admit it could get annoying parked too close to it.

There are Prairie Dogs here in the park, with a number of them in the center of my loop. Fun to watch, but I sure wouldn't want them digging up my lawn. I have enough problems at home with Chipmunks. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Nice an warm today. The shower vent dried out enough that I could run a serious bead of caulking around it. Hope that will solve the leak problem. I spent the rest of the day sitting in my chair reading and enjoying the sunshine.

Dinner will be a bit late since I had a late lunch. It will be a grilled chicken sandwich & the rest of the Grandma Brown's Sauce Pan beans, with an ice cream cone for dessert.



Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment