Sunday, July 17, 2011

Devils Tower National Monument, WY, Day 2

Today's Photo  -  Devils Tower at Night































Since Sundays are a day of rest, I took mine! Although I did take a couple of walks around the campground & to the store for a couple of cold drinks, I didn't go anywhere. I may drive up to the tower if the sunset looks good since it sets on the other side of the tower from the campground. Right now is doesn't look good. Heavy clouds & a prediction of thunderstorms, but you never know.


I did get a couple more moon light photos of the tower last night & got up at 5:30AM to shoot a couple of sunrise images. The strangeness of the tower makes for interesting shots under unusual lighting conditions. I wish I could also be here on a moonless night to shoot a star circle (1-2 hour exposure that shows the track of the stars due to the earth's rotation) but I'd have to wait almost a month & I don't have the time. 


The results of last night & this morning are at the today's LakeshoreImages Journal Page.



It was another hot day - it hit 104°F again. I spent much of the day reading sitting in my canvas chair under a tree for the shade. I could have sat in the trailer with the AC running, but I much prefer being outdoors & watching the tower, the campers, etc. It was interesting this morning - 35 RVs, mostly Class A all arrived at once, a tour complete with a wagonmaster. The campground staff did a pretty good job of getting them to their sites.

I also met 3 people that rode bicycles from Portland Maine & are heading to Portland, Oregon. There was a time I might have tried something like that, but my longest bike ride has been less than 50 miles, and I'm going to stick with my trailer!

I'm going to finish off the cheese sausage & last hamburger patty for dinner. I sure do miss vegetables. I did find some apples at the campground store, but a normal meal is pretty hard to come by. I need to find a real grocery store!

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment