Wednesday, September 4, 2024

2024 Trip to the Algonac (Lockport) Rally & the Niagara Wine Escape Rally, Day 2

 Wednesday, September 4, 2024, Lakeport State Park, MI, 188.3 Miles, 374.8 Miles for the trip.

We spent most of the drive on CA 3, a mostly 2 lane road with a 50MPH speed limit. It did great things for my gas mileage - I hit 15MPG by the time we reacher the QE 402, which is like a US interstate with a 68MPH speed limit. Even with 50 miles or so spent on the QE 402, by the time we reached the park I was at 14.6MPG.

We are in sites 69 & 71, both large sites on grass with electric only. We are here 6 nights at $37.33 per night with the per night charge of $36.00 & an $8.00 reservation fee. There is also a required Michigan Parks Pass good for a year. I haven't purchased mine yet - they were out of them when I registered.

We switched sites so that the Guidos could use the one with more shade, so I'm in 69 & the Guidos are in 71. 

The Guidos in Site 71

Me in Site 69

There are not going to be a large number of pictures in my posts from Lakeport. Very marginal internet - it took 10 minutes to load the 4 photos (thumbnails & larger versions) on in LakeshoreImages web page, and while these only took 2 minutes each, that is pretty slow if I do my usual large bunch of photos.

I'll try posting my usual rally photos, but I doubt they will make it until I get to a faster connection.

Dinner was cheese brats & beans with applesauce.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment