Friday, September 20, 2024

A Short Trip To Letchworth State Park, Day 2

 A cool night at 54°F by 6:00AM.  Even ran the electric heater a bit.  Went for my morning walk wearing shorts & a sweatshirt.

Spent the morning sitting around reading.  Current book it Terry Goodkind's Temple of the Winds, #4 in his 11 part "Truth" series.  Each book runs a little under 1000 pages so it will take a long time to get through all of them.  I'm also listening to Stephen King's Mr. Mercedes.  I think I may have read it when it first came out, but that was in 2014, long enough ago to have forgotten enough to make it listenable.

Around 2:30 I started the baby back ribs.  The Napoleon TravelQ 285 grill has 2 burners so you can do indirect heating for ribs, roasts, etc.  A big advantage over the Weber Q grill.  It is heavier, and a bit larger, but the advantage of 2 separate burners makes it well worth it.  The ribs came out a bit dry, but it could be the supplier - I prefer the ribs I get from a real butcher at Bosco's in Oswego, but they were out so I had to get them from Price Chopper.

Anyhow, dinner was baby back ribs, corn on the cob and a fruit salad made by Anne.

Until tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment