Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Day 10, Montgomery Bell State Park, White Bluff, TN

Site 68

Lots of rain during the night & morning. I really appreciate my weather radar app. It showed a break in the rain arriving in 20 minutes, so I could plan a dry spell to pack up the trailer's outside stuff. Other than that short break, it rained all the way to Montgomery Bell Campground. I gained an hour, switching to central time.

I entered the park through the back entrance, and didn't drive by the office. There is a small campground office with a phone number to call to register. I'm in site 68, a water & electric site for $24.02 per night with a 25% in season senior discount. Lots of sites available, although many are small & sloped. The site I picked is a gravel back in that would be too tight for a trailer or motorhome with front slides, in fact a little tighter between trees than I like. It is close to the heated bathroom building that has showers. I'll report on them tomorrow.

After setting up, I headed to Krogers in Dickson for water & a few supplies, and topped off the truck at $2.09 per gallon, the least expensive gas so far. Of course I had just filled the tank a few miles back along I 40 at $2.17, so I could only add 7 gallons. By the way, the average using the truck's Tow/Haul setting over the last 1110.4 miles is 12.4 MPG. The truck gets close to 21 MPG highway without the trailer, so it does take a hit.

Back at the trailer, I put stuff away, then did some reading & started today's journal page. It looks like tonight will be another in-trailer dinner - it is still raining, so I probably won't dig out the grill. I have a bunch of frozen meals that either microwave or bake in the oven. I will dig out the electric heater - a frost warning & 47°F tonight, with a high tomorrow of 52°F and a low of 27°F! While I didn't need reservations for Montgomery Bell, I checked on the availability of sites at my next planned stop - Tishomingo State Park in Mississippi, and while there were a number of sites available for Friday & Saturday, quite a few less than when I checked yesterday, so I made reservations. Let's hope the description of a "slight slope" to site 10 is really slight!

Dinner was a Boston Market Sweet & Sour Chicken dinner.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment