Monday, May 20, 2019

Spring Fling Trip, Day 7

Lincoln Pond
Day 7, Lincoln Pond DEC Campground, Adirondacks State Park, NY, Day 2

As previously mentioned, Lincoln pond is a "rustic" campground, with most of the sites un level & "interesting" to back into. The sites along the pond are the nicest, but even some of them have difficult entries for a 21' trailer. I took a few photos of the pond in between thunderstorms yesterday, more at today's LakeshoreImages page.

I was down 24 amp hours by noon with little sun in site (and lots of shade it there was some), so as an experiment, I dug out my 900/700 watt propane generator, hooked it up to my 1 gallon propane tank & fired it up. I had to shut off the 120V side of the water heater, and put the refrigerator on propane rather than automatic, but the little generator brought the batteries back around 6 amps per hour using the WFCO converter.

I built a fire during the afternoon to use some of the free firewood, but it was only fair - everything is wet. That was about it for the day. Heavy clouds, but no rain with temperatures in the low 70's during the afternoon.

Dinner was just a sandwich.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment