Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Day 228, Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - McKinney COE Campground, Allatoona Lake, GA, Day 2

A Campground Turkey
Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - McKinney COE Campground, Allatoona Lake, GA, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 6,560 Towing Miles For the Trip

After posting yesterday's journal I headed for the showers. I'd have to rate them excellent, at least the handicapped one. The standard shower has a high pressure shower head and no hooks, but it appears that it doesn't get used much - a dry floor, while the handicapped shower looks well used, and no one is parked in any of the nearby handicapped sites. A door, bench, hook, drying room that has a dry floor, even after showering, a shower curtain that goes to the floor, and a hand held shower head that still has the hardware to hang it on the wall. Even the alternate shower head, although too low for a standing 6 footer, is a standard, not high pressure head. Lots of hot water, and a room heater aimed at the showers. Little to complain about!

Back at the trailer, I watched the second wave of the thunderstorms go by. Scary at the start because the worst of it was aimed at my location, at least while the storm was in Alabama. Towards 10:00 it split, with the worst of it 30 miles south hitting Atlanta, and just heavy rain here. The radio reported tornados to the west & south, softball sized hail, and wind damage all over the area. Parts of Atlanta are still without electricity. I guess it was my lucky night!

I slept late this morning, probably due to not quite adjusting to the time zone change. It was still dark during my 7:00AM eye drops. Eventually, I crawled out of bed, went for a walk, had breakfast, then hung out in the trailer. A dreary day, with little sun, and much cooler, in the 50's this morning, and only getting into the low 60's during the day. I did go for a second walk and took a few photos of the turkey flock that hangs out around the campground. I couldn't get the tom to display for me; maybe next time. I'm also adding a photo I remember taking but never downloading back in Quartzsite. I don't know if it is the other side of the Goodyear blimp, or a different one, but it was heading towards California. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages post.

That was it for the day.

Dinner was a bowl of frozen chicken stew (well it wasn't frozen after 5 minutes in the microwave!)

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment