Monday, January 22, 2018

Day 171, Monday, January 22, 2018 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 64

Monday, January 22, 2018 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 64, 0 Miles, 3,746.2 Towing Miles For the Trip

Another cool night, down to 33°F by morning. I hung out in the trailer waiting for it to warm up to at least the high 40's before heading for coffee at 11:00. Rather than go all the way to the 76 station, I stopped at Marie's booth. It was backed up enough that I decided to head across the street for a Cinnamon Bun, a mistake. Good coffee, but a lousy $5.00 Cinnamon bun.

Back at the trailer I ate the bun, drank the coffee, and finally decided it was warm enough to sit outside. Eventually I decided to make a run through the tent, looking for Swag (free stuff). I picked up some Bear Bells & a couple of pretty printed microfiber glasses wipes, a squeeze tire (not sure why) and a 10% discount offer from SuperSprings. So, if you want to a set of SuperSprings or Sumo Springs for your truck or RV, and order them directly from SuperSprings, give them the initials MJ 10 off for a 10% discount. (Mark Jutson said posting the offer was OK).

Back at the trailer I discovered I missed a visit from Hugh & Denise, fellow fiberglass trailer owners. I'll see them at the Quartzsite rally.

That was about it for the day. We survived the 3 day government closure. I'm not sure when they closed & opened the water fill & dump station since it seemed to change between the signs and actual closing, but the dumpsters stayed open all weekend, and at 7:00AM this morning the garbage truck came & dumped them. Everything is suppose to be back to normal by 12:00 tomorrow.

Dinner was the last of my chicken patties Alfredo, and the rest of the collard greens. I hate to say it, but I'm going to have to do some shopping if I want to eat cold cereal for breakfast since I'm out of milk. When I was in Alexandria, LA volunteering with the Red Cross during Katrina, we had lots of cereal, but no milk. My table mate suggested pouring coffee on the cereal since "it was all going the same place". Maybe so, but if you ever get the opportunity to try it, I suggest you don't!

Until Tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. I wandered through the tent when they opened at 9 am. It was three layers cold in there! BTW, thanks for saving me the effort to test the cinnamon buns.

    ReplyDelete