Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Valley of the Gods and More



Mexican Hat, UT



Tuesday, May 29 - Monument Valley, AZ, Day 2 - 172.5 Miles Today, 4554.5 For the Trip

Alright, I'm now getting annoyed with 1&1, my web site host. They still don't have a fix for why my pages don't work. Even links on oother sites to photographs on my site are getting the "not authorized" or must log on message. Seems like they should be able do something in 2 days.

As to today, I drove down to Kayenta so I could take a few photos of Agathla Peak along US 163, and pick up a few supplies. After that it was north to Gooseneck State Park on UT 316, then to the Valley of the Gods, a 16 mile gravel road that goes between UT 261 & US 163. It is a pretty drive with many formations. Not as striking or familiar as Monument Valley, but a much better road & no where near as crowded.

Alas, it was another boring sky day with the sun often in the wrong position so I'm not all that impressed with most of the images, but that doesn't matter, because you can't see them at LakeshoreImages!


Back at the trailer I made a pizza for dinner - chicken, onions, mushrooms & peppers! I've got the toaster oven down pat now - the pizza came out perfect. I'm going to relax until dark, then drive up to the valley to see if there is the right combination of starlight & moonlight to take some photos.

Until tomorrow (or when ever 1&1 gets things working again, at least for lakeshoreImages)...

No comments:

Post a Comment