Thursday, June 22, 2023

Visiting Dave - Back Home

 I didn't leave a shower report yesterday, maybe because it was so bad.  Plenty of hooks, a bench, and separate drying area with dry deck on the floor - that was the good.  The bad?  high pressure, low volume shower head, 15 second push button, and the big problem - no better than slightly warmer than cold water.  I tried 5 cycles of the push button, it got warmer than cold, but never got warm enough to shower.   By then my arm was wet so I hopped in and rinsed, but no soap or shampoo. Hot water is one of my prime requirements - I give it a D+.

I hit the road around 10:00, and although I used the choice-of-routes function on the Garmin, and chose back roads and it showed a overall map that used them, when I headed out it tried to take me back the same way I came, ie I 81 & I 88.  When I reached Oneonta, I realized the problem, set the exclusions to no highways and it gave me a route close to what I planned it the first place.  197 miles & 13.7MPG compared to the trip down that was 209.4 miles and 12.2MPG.  It did take 1/2 an hour longer, but a much more pleasant drive.

I reached home around 3:15.  Not much changed other than my first rose of the season popped out & I ate my first cherry off the sweet cherry tree.

The First Climbing Rose

Home Again

I didn't completely empty the trailer since we are heading to Bolarama in 2 weeks.  That will make using my packing list a bit more difficult, but easier on the back since most to the stuff going into the house goes up a flight of stairs.  At least my watch is happy - 5 flights of stairs!

Until next time - 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment