Monday, April 25, 2022

2021-2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 187

 Monday, April 25, Hungry Mother State Park, Marion, VA - 188 Miles, 7,122.2 Miles for the Trip

Me in Site 16

Anne & Guido in Site 17

Taking US 321 to US 411 near Maryville, then TN 338 & TN 66 to I 40 does let us bypass Knoxville, Pigeon Forge & Sevierville, but it adds almost an hour to the calculated trip. That said (well typed), calculations don't mean much through any of the fore mentioned places - all can have minutes, even hours of stop & go traffic. Very light traffic until the end of TN 66 & on I 40 / I 81.

We stopped in the Marion Walmart. I forgot that it is a like a "Neighborhood" Walmart in that the grocery section is very limited (no bakery, deli, or fresh meat) but there is an Ingles next door. 

We arrived at Hungry Mother, Camp Burson around 3:00. We are set up in sites 16 & 17 for one night, full hookups level sites on gravel for $52.39. They even have a separate paved parking area for a second vehicle (or your tow if you have a long trailer or tow behind a Class A or C.) A Dogwood tree is in bloom next to my site.

I got a chance to look at a Blackstone 17" griddle with a side burner. While I like the idea, it is huge. I'd have to get rid of far too much stuff to fit it in the truck.

Dinner was cheese brats & Bush beans with applesauce or peaches for dessert.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment