Monday, September 17, 2018

Day 44, Monday, September 17, 2018 - Duke's Slickrock Campground, Hanksville, UT, Day 3 & Capitol Reef NP

Along the Scenic Drive
Monday, September 17, 2018 - Duke's Slickrock Campground, Hanksville, UT, Day 3, 0 Miles, 3,969.8 Miles for the Trip

We headed to Capitol Reef National Park around 10:00, and spend most of the day (until 3:30) driving around the paved & gravel roads taking lots of photos. We stopped at the Gifford House for lunch - individual fruit pies & ice cream. Mine was cherry; a bit too sweet for me, but good. As usual, I took a bunch of general photos and some panoramas. I didn't have my GPS attached to the camera, so some locations are a guess. Many more photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Back at the trailer, we decided it was still too hot to make dinner, so we went to Stan's Burger Shack. I had the fish & chips dinner. The fish was OK, but the chips were deep fried mashed potato chips. I also made the mistake of ordering a chocolate shake. I ordered one in Blanding, and got a cup of soft ice cream & a spoon. I thought that was just a Blanding thing, but evidently, it is a Utah thing, or, at least, a this part of Utah thing. The shake was not to drink, but designed to eat with a spoon. At least we didn't have to cook in the heat.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment