Friday, August 24, 2018

Day 20, Friday, August 24, 2018 - Oasis Campground, Oacoma, SD

Site 26
Friday, August 24, 2018 - Oasis Campground, Oacoma, SD, 205.8 Miles, 2,355.5 Miles for the Trip

When I fired up my computer t 8:30 AM, I discovered a refund of the unused Wednesday campground fees from the South Dakota State Park system. So, while I still don't think much of their reservation system (or maybe the one staff member that did the first reservation) they did do right by us. I'll also say the campground itself was nice, as were the bathrooms & showers.

We drove secondary roads for the entire trip to Oacoma, SD, much on SD 14 & SD 50. We are in the Oasis Campground, a overnight stop on the edge of I 90. Not too much traffic noise, particularly since it is 91°F in the propane cover, and the AC is running. We are in sites 25 & 26, full hookup sites for $40.17 with a Good Sam discount. The sites are level gravel with a picnic table & fire ring. While there are a few small trees, not much shade.

While the plan was for Bubba burgers tonight, there Al's Oasis diner is just down the road, so that might be a replacement. Well, we went to the diner for dinner. I had the second worst chicken fried steak I've ever had (the worst was at the Two Sister's Cafe near Babb, MT), but Don & Anne's buffalo burgers were good.

Until Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment