Monday, October 31, 2016

Day 1, Jonestown KOA, Jonestown, PA

Monday October 31, 2016 - Jonestown KOA, Jonestown, PA, 272 Miles, 272 Miles For the Trip


I managed to get out of the house by 8:30 & headed down I 81. I've made this run many times, and as long as it isn't raining hard & the trucks kicking up spray, I stick to the interstate rather than US 11 to make a bit more time. I want to get far enough south that I can keep water in the tanks & pipes as soon as possible.

The drive was through both NY & PA's fall colored hills; very pretty, and the traffic was good enough that you could take the time to look at them. I made a couple of fuel stops; so far I'm averaging 12.7MPG at 62MPH. I'm going to wait until I get out of hill country to determine what speed gives me the best combination of "getting there" and mileage.

I stopped for the afternoon at the Jonestown KOA in Jonestown, PA. I'm in site 45, a full hookup pull through level site (including cable TV) for $47.00. Like all KOA's, more than it should be, but it is a handy distance from Oswego. I bought some Halloween candy - I don't know if there will be any kids trick or treating in the campground since there are only a few RVs here, but it is all candy I like, so no loss!

No other photos - While the colors are nice, the view from I 81 isn't all that picturesque.

Dinner will be something ordered from the campground kitchen. I don't feel like grilling outside (it is 47°F outside at 3:00 & going down) and since they have food available, I'll take advantage.

Until next time -

1 comment:

  1. love to see you heading out again! Your adventures always make me happy!

    ReplyDelete